Attendance and Cancellation Policy
We understand that sometimes it is necessary to cancel or reschedule an appointment. In order to protect the time of our clients and employees, please read our attendance and cancellation policy below.
- If you or your child are unable to attend a session for any reason, we request that you provide at least 24 hours of notice prior to your scheduled session to cancel your appointment.
- Clients should arrive to their appointment with enough time to ensure sessions will begin at their scheduled time. If you are late to your scheduled arrival time, the therapist will conduct the session until the end of the originally scheduled time. Where possible, we will try to provide the originally allotted amount of time for the session, but cannot guarantee this in the event of a late arrival.
- If three cancellations or late arrivals occur within an eight week period, clients are subject to being removed from the A to Z caseload.
- All clients will be asked to sign a statement acknowledging these policies prior to receiving services from A to Z Speech Therapy.
Client Code of Conduct Policy
The staff at A to Z Speech Therapy is fully trained to answer all of your questions regarding scheduling and logistics related to the office. It is of great importance, to all of us, that you be treated with the utmost of respect as demonstrated in our communication style and our willingness to be of assistance.
In turn, we ask that you return the same level of respect back to our staff and our other patients. This is including but not limited to:
- Refrain from yelling or raising your voice at any staff member.
- Refrain from speaking in a confrontational, disrespectful, threatening or condescending tone to any staff member.
- Refrain from speaking, unsolicited, about personal issues in the waiting room.
- Maintain supervision of all minor children when they are not being seen in a therapy session. Attention Parents/Guardians: YOU are responsible for any damages caused by your children when not in a therapy session.
- While we have toys & materials to keep children entertained when waiting for their session to start, to the greatest extent possible, please try to keep your child’s noise to a minimum out of respect for other clients who may be in session.
- Please be patient if your appointment, for reasons related to patient care, starts after the scheduled time. Please know that our therapists and clinical staff are making every effort to respect your time and get the appointment started as soon as possible.
While we continuously strive to provide complete treatment programs designed to meet enthusiastically satisfactory goals, there may be times where it is necessary terminate services. In the unfortunate event that this required, we will not do so without first discussing and exploring the reasons and purpose of terminating. We reserve the right to terminate services for the following:
- Clinical determination that the therapy provided is not being effectively used
- Default on payment (including non-payment from insurance providers)
- Breach of any A to Z Speech Therapy Policies
- Disparaging or slanderous commentary in online/social media
- Failure to schedule an appointment for three consecutive weeks (unless other arrangements have been made in advance)
Should we be forced to terminate services, or if you voluntarily elect to find another provider, we will provide you with a list of qualified Speech Therapists to treat you.