Covid-19 Pandemic Protocols
In order to keep our clients and staff safe during the Covid-19 pandemic, the following policies have been put in place for A to Z Speech Therapy. While we realize that some of these policies are not suited to everyone’s personal preferences for their speech therapy services, ensuring public health and safety is a responsibility that A to Z supports earnestly.
Updated 12/10/20: See below for updated policies:
Due to the recent dramatic increases in Covid-19 cases in the Upstate area, it is necessary that we revise our current pandemic protocols to keep both our employee’s and client’s health and safety as our top priority. Please read over the following updates that are effective immediately:
1. If you or your child have been exposed or are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment(s) and that you do not enter the building. Symptoms of Covid-19 infection can be found on the Center for Disease Control’s website
2. Upon arrival, clients and parents/guardians should remain in their car and text your initials to our office number (864-659-0604) to let your therapist know you are here. Please do not enter the building. Your therapist will meet you at your car and bring you or your child inside for the therapy session. Parents/Guardians are required to wait in their car during the therapy session. Once the session is finished, the therapist will bring your child back to your car and provide any session feedback or homework.
3. If your child needs to use the restroom during their session and requires assistance, your therapist will call you to come inside to help your child. A to Z Speech Therapy staff cannot escort your child to the restroom.
4. For clients whose treatment plans necessitate that a parent/guardian be present during the therapy session, you are required to wear a mask inside the building at all times. Your therapist will determine the necessity of a parent/guardian being present during a session. In most cases, this will not result in a change from the current protocols we have been using. (If you have historically regularly attend sessions, you can expect to continue to do so. If you have not been asked to join in sessions, we do not anticipate changing this unless a treatment plan dictates that it is a new requirement.)
5. If your child is working on a goal that requires their mouth to be visible, A to Z will supply an initial clear mask for their use. Your child will be sent home with this mask, however you will be responsible to bring this mask to each appointment. Fees may apply for replacement masks.
If you have any questions about the A to Z Covid Policy, please email or call us at (864-659-0604).
A to Z Speech Therapy